Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A step back in time

Yesterday I took the kids to the Dr. for check-ups. Clayton had his 6 month check up and Ethan was due for a shot too. The Moscow Clinic was like stepping back in time. It's located on Main Street and is very nostalgic to how the old Dr. Clinics used to be, with the old wood panel doors with glass on the top, nice architectural detail around the waiting room...very Norman Rockwell...which was the choice of decor for the waiting room. Anyway, I was a little nervous walking in...because you never know what you're going to get when you pick one of the two clinics out of the phone book. Yes, one of the two. Anyway, it was very laid back, the Dr. didn't walk in with a lap top and when they showed me the growth
chart of how the boys are doing it wasn't a print out handed to me...they actually had shown me the actual chart that they wrote on to figure out their growth curve. I felt like I had literally stepped back in time...after being used to the fast paced life of Boise. ;o) We still miss our Dr. in Boise though...the nurse who administered the shots in Moscow was REALLY slow...and I felt terrible for little Clayton who had to get 3 shots yesterday...she did one and then put the band-aid on...and then the next one....I just about said "HURRY UP LADY"...the nurse in Boise would be done before we knew it. But I feel confident that we will get good care at the clinic...it's just not what we're used to. ;o) Both boys are healthy doing well...besides still fighting a nasty cold. They were impressed on how well Ethan talks (just had to share :o)) Plus my mom was with me and she was bragging about all the things he could do and was saying he was a genius ;o)...of course he is!!!
Here are their stats:
Ethan 36" (50%) and 36 lbs (95%) (but...he had clothes, shoes, coat and a wet diaper on....so I'm thinking more like 34lbs) He's also into doing puzzles and sticker books ALL the time these days.
Clayton (Our petit little boy :o)) 25" and 14lbs 14 oz (25% for both)

Last weekend we also went to another pumpkin patch at Wilson Banner Ranch with Cousin Aleena, Chrissy, and both grandma's. Here are just a couple picture's from that. It was very pretty out there and the weather was perfect. Ethan was a bit more choosey this time on finding a pumpkin...we had to look at all of them ;o)

This was just a bin by the barn...there was a really nice pumpkin patch we picked out pumpkins from.
Ethan and Aleena with picked pumpkins

My sleepy pumpkin


No comments: