Ok....so last weekend Luke came to me saying he was bored!!! Wrong thing to say...especially to the lady of the house, who is pregnant, and has a laundry list of things that need to be done. First making sure he was serious about wanting something to do, I set him to work! Being a designer I have an on going list of things I'd like to do to our house. Since we're having a second boy and don't have to fix up a whole new bedroom for a few more months I decided to let him take a shot at casing (trimming out) the spare bedroom window (soon to be Ethan's bedroom). So he took off the necessary dry wall and existing sills....last weekend.
Ethan wanted to blog too: "Q2Qwaserdf2r4rgtvgtvgtvtevtggtvvvvvvgtgfbgqtfrwrtg2ge332q"
This weekend consisted of a LOT of measuring and cutting. (and maybe a few disagreements...since I sort of know what to do...and have to explain it ALL to him) Half way through we decided to purchase a much need table saw to make the job easier. After 2 entire days...he finally got one window cased and caulked. It looks SO much better and I now get the pleasure of painting it. Don't worry...it's a window so I'm sure I'll have pleny of ventilation for those who are concerned about a pregnant lady painting. Plus, we'll get practice with our carpenter skills on the windows upstairs (that no one see's) and move to the downstairs windows once we've become masters. I don't have any picture's yet...but I'll post some once we get Ethan's room done....if I remember.
2 comments:
If Luke is ever bored again send him my way!!! I have lots I want done too :)
I can't help but remember when I was expecting our first son Greg. I was trying to get my nursery set up perfectly (first child syndrome). Phil had agreed to paint the antique crib I had sanded down. In those days all the paint was toxic and I couldn't be around it. No problem says Phil, I will be glad to paint it for you. OK we are now 1 month out from due date and we still have an unpainted crib in the basement, and I am a little more than impatient. So I took it over to the open basement door (remember this is January in Idaho) put on a paint mask and finished the job. To my knowledge this was the last home project Phil has attempted -- other than to install stereo speakers or other such equipment. So although Phil was and still is an excellent father, he never has excelled in "honey dos". So my hat is off to Luke for his home project and making you happy with a job well done. With Love, Aunt mARILYN
Post a Comment