Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wind, Wind Go Away

I'm going to confess something that most of you probably don't know about me....but you have to be sworn to secrecy...or at least not make fun of me to my face ;o) I remember when I was little...and maybe a tiny bit as an adult...of being afraid of the wind. Yes...the wind. Something about dancing figure's being thrown across my bedroom curtains or the howl and whistle of it blowing around the house or threw a forest of trees. It's always been a little unsettling for me. So anyway, something happened too early this morning to confirm that I'm still afraid of the stinkin wind. Anyway, I woke up wide awake at 4:45 am this morning with an unsettled feeling. (Not to mention that I'd woke up a couple hours prior with the same unsettled feeling...only because it sounded like a freight train going through the house because of the wind against the house.) I jump out of bed to first check on the kids...and it just felt like something was off. So I noticed that it was really cold and there was this breeze and whistle going through the house...so I stumble off down the mile long hall way to find that the Front door of my parent's house had been blown wide open. So I calmly shut and re lock the door...and panic sets in. How long have those been open, seconds, minutes, or hours??? I try not to run back to the bedroom to wake my soundly sleeping husband....to make him stumble through and check the house for any intruders. Thankfully, the only intruder was the wind. Needless to say I tried to go back to sleep...with a couple lights on for safety...and couldn't go back to sleep until Luke got up to get ready for work. (My Hero) Apparently my parent's had unlocked the stationary door to move something in and forgot to lock it again...OK...how long has that been like that???...because for all of you interested in robbery...this would the easiest house to get in to...just come right on in...the wind will open the doors for you. Which brings me to another thought...did anyone drive by at the time?? Since my parent's are out of town...I'm a freek and feel the need to turn on the outside lights at night...because of all the doors and windows...so if anyone did drive by they'd be able to see clearly that the doors were wide open. And since I was totally freeking out I got up only a few times afterwards to check to make sure that the locks where in fact holding up to the wind and saw the News Paper Delivery person drive by...what would they have done....ring the door bell...call the cops??? How do you wake a family to inform them that their doors are wide open with out scaring the poo out of them? Needless to say I'm just happy I only lost a couple hours of sleep and that in fact the wind was the only intruder....as far as we know!!!

No comments: