Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sorry...no picture's on this one. This is mainly a venting post....or to see if anyone has any idea what is going in my child's head. This weekend has been a doozy. I seriously had to talk myself out of checking myself into a Rehab center in some far off tropical island...of course I'd have to fake an addiction of some sort (not to be taken lightly of course) just so I could have a vacation. :o) I'll keep it short...but with enough info for those of you who are child psychologists to make a good analysis. So Luke took Thursday and Friday off to work on the house/yard. Which usually leaves me to my existing duties of house chores and taking care of the kids. Anyway, Ethan for what ever reason decided to pee on a dog bed...granted he begged me to lock him the dog kennel so he could pretend to be a dog...but still dog's usually whine or something to tell a person they need to go potty. Anyway, on to the next adventure in my son's head...we're eating lunch and he decides to only chew up all the carrots on his plate and then spit them out all over the table, floor, dogs...pretty much anywhere with in a 5 foot radius. So the mean mommy that I am, I make him get down on the floor to pick up his mess and put it in the garbage...I'm pretty sure I told him to put it in the garbage...and NOT the air vent. At this point I'm doing some serious talking to myself...what rehab center or mental facility could I go to that is in a nice quiet location and not in Idaho.....or possibly just taking a week in Hawaii just by myself. I only mention mental facility because there are days I think my child is driving me crazy. Ok...so anyway, Ethan got sent straight to bed for a much needed nap. He gets up and we got out to play in the pool and he doesn't play long and he comes running inside...so I come in after him to see what's up and spot ONE little footprint walking through the house...yes one...because he peed in the house (because the pool made him...he claims) and then proceeded to pitter patter up stairs to get changed...into sweats...and it's only 90 degree's outside. Well anyway, on top of all this he has continued each day to bite away the foot board of his bed. Now his bed is in the process of getting taken down and out and his piggy bank taken away (payment to us for repairing his bed). Granted this is one side of the story...I'm sure I'm not the perfect mom, but man, I'm going to bald pretty soon from pulling my hair out.

2 comments:

~The White family~ said...

Oh, I'm sorry! I have those days too! I really need a vacation as well....my hair is so much thinner these day :)! Maybe we should leave the kids with Luke and Brandon and you and I can go to Hawaii (or I would be up for some place that has no kids ...Hawaii...some treatment facility, whatever!) for a long over due and VERY much deserved rest!

Dee said...

Oh my!! Well....you'll laugh about it someday, and just think of the stories you can tell his future wife!! Maybe he needs to go spend a week with Grandma?!